Anyway, let start blogging again and today I want to share with you one of the cards I have made and already posted on my Instagram. I have decided to name my cards from now on to give it more character and personality. This card is Called 'Hey Koby', this was intentionally made for a baby boy named Koby so it is only natural to name the card after him.
Using a heavyweight 200 gsm Kraft card stock for the card base and matting, firstly I positioned where I wanted the big heart window to be on the matting base and die cut it. I wanted the big heart to be a balloon shaker window for my cute elephant to hold. I would use the inlay of the heart die and inked it with VersaMagic chalk ink in oasis green.
Before adhering the acetate window and adding the shaker contents (sequins & Filo Hearts) I inked up the Quilting design embossing folder from Docraft onto the raised side of the folder then embossed the matting card stock o create a nice background then sponged the edges using the same Oasis Green chalk ink.
To colour my elephant, I used my spectrum noirs alcohol markers. Working with the greys from dark to light, I used colours GG3, GG2 then GG1, for the cheeks I used CR1. I also cut out a rectangle banner and sponged the edges with the same ink then hand write Koby In calligraphy using Windsor calligraphy gold Ink.
Putting the shaker card together using foam strips framing around the heart over the acetate window, poured in the shaker contents, trying to hide the foam tape from view through the acetate in front, I find removing the tape backing with all the shaker contents in place tricky as sometime my finger seems to have a mind of its own and would stick or create an accident ha ha... Successfully I have managed to put this card together without an accident (this time!). I added natural twine by wrapping it around my three fingers a few times and tie up the middle to create a semi messy bow, I used a black pilot pen to draw a string from the balloon to the elephant then I decided to add a few tiny gold round embellishment randomly where the hearts are and on the corners of the name banner to complete the card.
so, there you have it. I hope you like what I have made, Comment below if you have any questions or suggestions and thank you for stopping by my blog space, do like and follow me for more card designs/creations or for inspiration, either here, on my Instagram or Facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment